Inventory and Quests

Inventory and Quests

I'm sure that most if not all of us are familiar with quests. Even if you have never played a video game you have probably heard of them one time or another. Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few millennia. In short, a quest is something you do and you get something in reward. Usually you tend to get quests from NPC's (non player characters) in RPG's (Role playing games). Do the thing, get the reward. Now my game being a RPG, I decided to add a quest system and a NPC system as well. During the past 3 or 4 days I have been following a tutorial by Hardly Brief Tutorials in his 4 part series Make an RPG 2016. He explains so well even I can understand him and keep up with him. If you are interested in following along I suggest watching him.

While I have been busy working on this Pickle has been restlessly working on his lil' inventory system. Something about arrays and saving item ID's in them and I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU! WHEN THE RAINS STARTS TO FALL sorry. Friends theme started playing. Where was I? Oh yeah Inventory speak. As of right now the second the player character touches a item it immediately de-spawns and gets added to your inventory. If you have one of those items already in your inventory it gets stacked depending on its ID specification. *head bops to 7 nation army* I'm sorry, it's just my playlist is gold. Right back on task. The interface itself could use some work but it's function works. My god that guitar is so good. You ever know a song from a Minecraft parody but never heard the actual song? Probably just me. What was I talking about? Inventory right. We are also working on stacking max and so on but other than that I'm the one behind. 

God this song is so sad... Death bed by Powfu for any of you wondering. Anyways, thank you for reading this weeks post. Sorry I've missed a few but circumstances and we've been working hard to win! WHOOO! *head bops to Welcome to the jungle*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You would not believe what I just did

Filler

I did a thing